The core business of Fairview Park Primary School is to provide a relevant educational program within a safe and supportive learning environment which encourages the development of:
- critical thinkers
- problem solvers
- decision makers
- clear and appropriate articulation of thoughts and opinions
- personal excellence
- confident, independent learners
- an enthusiasm for life long learning
- positive self-esteem
- recognition and acceptance of other people's beliefs, opinions and learning styles
- effective working relationships with individuals, groups, peers and adults
- comprehensive literacy and numeracy skills
- individual responsibility for behaviour
- care and respect for others, property and the environment
We do this through:
- the implementation of the South Australian Standards & Accountability Framework (SACSA).
- providing a variety of effective teaching approaches.
- catering for individual needs, abilities, interests and learning styles.
- embedding the values, attitudes and understandings from the Essential Learnings and Key Competencies.
- establishing clear social, behavioural and learning expectations, responsibilities and consequences.
- providing opportunities for peer and cross-age teaching and learning.
- encouraging and valuing parental involvement.
- planned purchase of a wide range of relevant resources.
- celebrating achievements.
- offering a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- providing feedback and support using a range of assessment and reporting strategies.