Parent involvement means that you and other members of your family feel free to participate in the Centre if you wish. Parents are a valuable resource, an asset to the Pre-school programme and are always welcome in our Centre. The most important way a parent can help their child is to be interested and involved in what he/she does at Pre-school. The time you wish to stay in the Centre is up to you - we also recognise the fact that some parents have very busy lifestyles so, please involve yourself as you feel the most comfortable.
You may wish to join our roster as a helper on a particular day or, if you can help out with some preparation jobs, we would appreciate this too.
Some ways you could participate are:-
- reading stories to children
- taking a small group of children for cooking
- writing stories for children about their pictures
- listening to children talking to children about what they are doing
- assisting individual children during our weekly computer sessions
- cleaning and repairing jobs